Wednesday 21 December 2011

my contribution to the second life production

unfortunatley I missed the class where we came with the idea as to what we should do for the group project preformance, which I regret in the extreme as I was not a part of the descion process, which I will explain in greater detail later in this blog.

so basically I was informed via Efa and Mike that we would doing a play based on a poem that Mike had wrote. This didn't sound like too bad an idea at the time to mean and I felt I didn't really have a leg to stand on disagreeing with this descion seeeing as the rest of the group had agreed to do it. So I asked Mike what would be required of me for the play. He informed me that there were three main roles and that they were all casted and that I would function with the rest of the group as an extra.

Mike and Efa then went on to record the audio, which they said they would stream into second life for the play as they were informed by the second life dj elfay that this would be a better idea than doing a live preformance. So I did ask again what exactly would be required of me an extra for the preformance but I didnt really get any anwsers. This was frustrating, anyone I was talking to who was an extra seemed to have pretty much the same knowlege of what to do as i did, little to none apart the face we were supposed to dance.

So the audio was recorded and it was time for the show, I invited my online friend Trill Zapaterto to watch, to be totally honest I dont know what would have happened if efa had of got the audio working. Thankfully in some ways it didnt work and we got an extension. Efa I know from classs manages a job with college with crazy hours and she explained that she would be able to manage the audio for the rescheudled date.

so i volunrterred to do it i posted a few times on the facebook page about rehearsals and downloaded winamp and shoutcast in order to peopl able to stream the audio onto sl, i got alot of help from dublin creator hamrambler who was easy to work with and ask questions, i also got help from howya and sandra testing out the audio in the ampitheatre

No comments:

Post a Comment